META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Off The Train

It was twelve years ago almost to the day that I got off the train. It had been fairly obvious since London who was going where I was. It wasn't so much the short haircuts, which were to follow, as the out of place accents and frequent interspersions of F**k and C**t. Over the next 10 weeks they became second nature to me and unfortunately have stayed with me ever since.

We got off the train at the appropriate stop and there he was. If I was writing this during the First World War I would say he was as smart as a carrot - in fact I can't think of anything else to say about him. Without doubt he had presence. I probably didn't notice at the time, and even if I had I wouldn't have known what they meant, but he had two stripes on his arm. He certainly knew who we were - if he didn't then some unfortunate civilian ended up on the mini-bus that took us to the ATR (an Army TLA (Three Letter Abbreviation - blog to follow on that one) for Army Training Regiment).

We passed through a barrier and wire fence topped with nasty looking barbed wire and after that I've never been the same since.

2 Comments:

Anonymous jonathan olley said...

Dear Universal soldier, my name is Jonathan and I'd like to ask you a few questions about you time in Bosnia. It's for a story I'm writing.

Your hotmail account is bouncing my email back.

Perhaps you could e-mail me at;

jolley@talk21.com

i promise I have no connection to HMRC!!

Cheers j

8:01 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs