META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Sunday, July 10, 2005

60 Years

A grew up with World War II. Not in a literal sense of course but more in an Action Man, Boy's Own, The Longest Day kind of sense.

When I was a child we had a large garden that had been neglected for many years before we moved in. My father spent days removing an old rockery and burying the rocks in one corner of the garden. We spent the next couple of weeks uncovering them and building ourselves a fortified strongpoint.

Obviously this childhood fascination has carried on into my adult life. The difference now is that when people get shot they don't lie still for a count of 10 and then carry on with the game.

I read a lot of military history and the more I read the more I understand the sacrifices that those going before us have paid - and I'm grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs