META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Back On The Train


Bar the obligatory parade the end of the final exercise marked the end of my training. Sat on the train I had the opportunity to reflect on my training (actually I was probably asleep but now I have the opportunity to relive the moment). Many of the experiences which we find hard in life rapidly acquire a nostalgia which isn't an accurate reflection of the event. The body forgets pain and exhaustion very quickly. If it didn't my wife and I would only have one child. I can now look back on my training with nostalgia. The physical beastings don't seem so bad. Being treated like the lowest of the low seems funny. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure what I feel about it. Some of my instructors were very good and wanted to turn us from snot nosed civilians into professional soldiers. I'm sure some of the others just revelled in the power they held over us.

I do remember sitting on the train and feeling worried though. Soon I would be joining a real unit full of real soldiers. How would I measure up.....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs