META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Golden Arches



I think I picked the right time to join the army. Certainly in the unit I joined bullying against N.I.Gs had died out. I never had a group of blokes wearing gas masks come into my room and beat me while I was asleep. I was never punched for making an innocent mistake. I was still the new boy though and as such was personal servant, to a certain extent, to all and sundry. The camp we lived in was a couple of miles from the town centre and I remember one evening as I was getting ready to hit the sack a group of blokes from my platoon came into my room.

"Mine's a Big Mac meal with Coke."

"Mine's a Quarter Pounder Meal with Chocolate milkshake."

.....The list went on.

"Oh and it wants to be f**king hot when you get back."

Half an hour later, sweat dripping from my brow, and Coke running down my arm I was back.

"See. Stick with us and we'll keep you fit."

And that's as close as I got to a thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like public school ;)

10:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs