META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunrise


Yesterday three British soldiers were killed in Iraq. I didn't know any of them and I doubt we ever met. At the time that we join the army I don't think many of us consider the possibility that we may pay the ultimate sacrifice. I certainly didn't. We join for a variety of reasons. For some it's the pure economics of getting a job. For others the search for something more exciting than a mundane 9 to 5 job leads them to sign on the dotted line. There are very few of us who join for an ideal. At the end of the day it doesn't matter why we join it's what we do when we have that counts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really couldn't dream up an appropriate response to this without sounding trite and perfunctionary. Maybe that's my failing.

Let's just hope the whole business settles down much faster than we expect.

12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me realize that your job is not as easy as it seems.The more you write the more i want to read about your experiences that i haven't heard about.This will be one for your little troopers to read when they are older i'm sure they will enjoy it just as much as me. XX

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs