META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Saddest Thing I Ever Saw

One day we were driving around a hardline republican area of West Belfast. I was on topcover, standing up in the LandRover with my head poking out. We slowed down to go around a sharp corner and I saw a father with his young son. The boy was 2 or 3 years old.

"B*****ds", the father says pointing at us. "B*****ds", he repeated.

"B*****ds", the child mumbled searching for the word his father had just used.

And people wonder how hate can pass from generation to generation.

5 Comments:

Blogger *Monica said...

Yeah, hate is definately learned, not genetic.

10:53 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

Sickening how values are taught to children by parents. The cycle of ignorance therefore continues.

11:20 pm  
Blogger Trée said...

Saddest story I've read today.

5:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen similar and I agree it is abhorent behaviour.

I will always pull someone up when even a 'generic' comment about a nationality is made in my household - say something is said about 'fat americans' or 'the tight scottish' or 'smelly french' etc. You know the type of thing, it happens everywhere and even the most PC of us will make jokes and so we should becuse a certain amount of piss-taking is healthy. BUT I will always make sure that the comment is qualified (if in the presence of young ears).

Qualifying the statement allows them to start the process of thinking for themself and allows them to realise how easy it is to just continue an opinion without giving it a second thought.

I probably haven't explained that too well but I'm sure you get the general gist.

10:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs