META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Bad Day At The Office


"Load."

As I pushed the magazine into my rifle an ice cold drop of rain left my helmet and deposited itself down my neck. So far it hadn't been a good day.

Already I'd had to endure the "concurrent activity" while I'd waited to fire. It had been a lesson on "Why things are seen" - something we all knew and had all heard many times before. For those of you who are interested it's - shape, shine, silhouette, shadow, spacing and sudden movement - or the 6 S's. Interesting stuff I'm sure you'll agree.

As we'd gone to load our magazines the rain had increased - it was now up to a steady downpour.

"Prone position down."

As I began to lie down I took a quick look. As I suspected there was a small puddle awaiting me. The cold water took little time to announce its' presence as I lay down.

"Targets to your front watch out."

I pulled the rifle into my shoulder and looked through the sight. I could barely see the 300 metres to where the target was going to appear. And then my sight steamed up.

Things were not going well at the office.

5 Comments:

Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Definitely not going well.

Being a keen observer of life, I find that quite interesting, the 6 S's, why things are seen. Have you done a post about it?

3:54 am  
Blogger Universal Soldier said...

Guyana-Gyal - no, not yet - I'll add it to the list ;)

6:21 am  
Blogger Monica said...

I hope there were warm blankets at some point. Poor soldier!

8:29 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeuch! Maybe you should think about asking for a new office.

12:46 am  
Blogger Liu Liu said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs