META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Friday, October 21, 2005

A Good Day At The Office

The day had started off very relaxed. If we weren't firing we were allowed to laze around at the back of the range. None of the dreaded "concurrent activity" had been foistered on us and we'd lay around chewing the fat and drinking brews.

Now, lying on the firing point I could feel the sun's strength on my back. It was a beautiful autumn afternoon. The butt of my rifle was sitting snugly in my shoulder and I was watching in the distance for any movement.

300m away a man sized target swung up. I'd already been steadying my breathing and now I held my breath. I squeezed the trigger steadily. The rifle kicked slightly in my shoulder. The target disappeared.

10 seconds later the target decided to have another go. He met the same fate as before. It was a good day at the office.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder, in the eleven years, if you have ever had to press the trigger in real life. This may be off limits - if so just ignore.

11:22 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Pat - good question - I'll answer it with a proper post in the near future.

7:05 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ah yes, some days at the office can be truly satisfying :-)

I like the thought of warm autumn sun.

And verrry good graphics too!

12:09 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

Given the standard of my target shooting I was once told that it would be better if was kept in a bunker far away from the front!
The cheek of it.

3:21 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

Re: my previous comment I should add it was not said in such 'polite' terms either...

3:22 pm  
Blogger *Monica said...

You drank beer during target practice???

4:41 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Mo - that's brews as in tea "Julie Andrews" - not brews as in anything stronger!

8:50 pm  
Blogger *Monica said...

ah, well that is a relief!

8:29 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs