META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Friday, October 14, 2005

Homeward Bound?

The two weeks off had been good but I felt a sense of relief as the plane touched down. The sense of relief was coupled with a slight twinge of nerves. The security I'd had at 'home' was gone.

I fetched my bags from the carousel and went to where I was supposed to get transport back to camp. There were a couple of other guys from the company there.

"How you doing mate?" someone asked me.

I felt at home again.

6 Comments:

Blogger *Monica said...

In one way, this is odd, to feel more at home at camp, but I can see your viewpoint.

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the cameraderie you miss? Drat! I wasn't sure how to spell it and it isn't in my dictionary but you know what I mean.

11:21 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

We can have many homes, can't we?

3:23 am  
Blogger DC said...

Pat - it's partly the cameraderie. For me it was also that I'd just grown away from my friends at home. Not all of us are like this though. I lot of the guy can't wait to get home.

Guyana-Gyal - yes in someways it's nice to have more than one home.

6:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand that. Originally I left home to train as a nurse with a day off once a week, when all my friends were either still st school or working. But my nursing friends are still going strong after many years,

7:35 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Same with me, I've grown away from many old friends.

But my brothers and sister still have their friends even though they all live in different countries now. I wonder how they managed that.

11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs