META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Friday, October 14, 2005

Homeward Bound?

The two weeks off had been good but I felt a sense of relief as the plane touched down. The sense of relief was coupled with a slight twinge of nerves. The security I'd had at 'home' was gone.

I fetched my bags from the carousel and went to where I was supposed to get transport back to camp. There were a couple of other guys from the company there.

"How you doing mate?" someone asked me.

I felt at home again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

In one way, this is odd, to feel more at home at camp, but I can see your viewpoint.

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Pat said...

Is it the cameraderie you miss? Drat! I wasn't sure how to spell it and it isn't in my dictionary but you know what I mean.

11:21 pm  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

We can have many homes, can't we?

3:23 am  
Blogger Universal Soldier said...

Pat - it's partly the cameraderie. For me it was also that I'd just grown away from my friends at home. Not all of us are like this though. I lot of the guy can't wait to get home.

Guyana-Gyal - yes in someways it's nice to have more than one home.

6:31 am  
Anonymous Pat said...

I can understand that. Originally I left home to train as a nurse with a day off once a week, when all my friends were either still st school or working. But my nursing friends are still going strong after many years,

7:35 am  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Same with me, I've grown away from many old friends.

But my brothers and sister still have their friends even though they all live in different countries now. I wonder how they managed that.

11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs