META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Monday, October 17, 2005

No Pain No Gain (Continued)


We were half way through the session and I was hurting. The concept behind the session was easy. We were paired off. One of the pair would run up to the other end of the gym and do ten sets of the exercise and then run back. The other member of the pair would do the same.

After that it was down to nine.

Then eight.

Then seven.

You get the idea.

If it had just been one exercise it might have been ok. But it wasn't.

We did ten sit ups. Ten press ups. Ten burpees. Ten star jumps. Ten crunchees. Ten squats. Ten....... Again you get the idea.

We were down to five of each and every part of my body hurt. My arms, legs, shoulders - in fact every part of my body was jellylike. As I ran back to my partner I glanced across. Just about everyone looked the same. I glanced up at the clock. We still had twenty minutes of the session left.

This wasn't pretty.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not pretty to you!

4:15 pm  
Blogger *Monica said...

yay for sweaty men!!

oh sorry.

Um, It pains me to know you have been driven so hard without just cause.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Trée said...

But it was a good hurt, right? lol

I cycle, and the only way to describe the sport is "suffering."

When you are pushing hard that's about all that happens, the discovery of your pain theshold. As much as I like to beotch about the suffering, deep down inside I crave it.

It hurts, but it hurts good. lol

5:21 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

How I loved a session of 'Burpees'

7:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you get those great pictures? Do you draw them?

8:24 pm  
Blogger David said...

It's all for the greater good.

Somehow.

12:34 pm  
Blogger Brom said...

I do regular circuit training... I recognise the symptoms, and all the excercises! It really is worth it!

1:13 pm  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

I'm sore just from reading about it.
:)

8:45 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I can just imagine a lot of girls saying my oh my.

2:45 am  
Blogger DC said...

Mo - although it's very unpleasant at the time it's actually good for you.

Tree - definitely.

Laura - if only - I struggle with stick men. The pictures are photos from the internet that I manipulate to look the way I want them to.

Brom Man - apparently army "beastings" are becoming quite popular in civilian gyms.

Guyana Gyal - nowadays we have lots of women in the forces who have to do just the same PT as the rest of us.

Homer - a burpee is kind of a squat thrust/press up combo - it's not very nice. It's not quite as bad as a "bastardo" which is a burpee with a star jump tacked on the end.

1:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs