META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Friday, October 28, 2005

Now Have I Got Everything?

Sat on my bunk in the hut we were staying overnight in I looked down at my bergan. If I added up all the time I had spent packing, repacking, emptying and packing it again I could probably have taken a day off.

Every spare piece of clothing waterproofed in its' own bag. Ration packs broken down and split up, unwanted items discarded. Boot cleaning kit, washing and shaving kit, sewing kit, rifle cleaning kit all packed away properly. Spare water bottle emptied out and refilled. Yup my bergan was quite full.

Herein lay the problem. I'd packed what the average infanteer carries but having passed the Signals course I was now the Platoon signaller. Somehow I now had to fit in a radio, batteries, spares and various different types of antennas.

Ah well best start unpacking that bergan again........

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you tie the waterproof clothing in its own bags on to the bergan so they dangle and free up space for the equipment?

12:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podcasting is the new radio... get an iPod Nano... get with it man.

1:03 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Bugger, eh. How did you manage?

1:32 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Boot cleaning kit! It always amuses me is how shine soldiers' boots are. Even when they are roughing it.

10:41 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Pat - nice idea but I don't think the bosses would have liked it.

Backroad - if only. We have got a new radio system now called BOWMAN. I've yet to try it but those who have think BOWMAN stands for Better Off With Map And Nokia.

Cheryl - with difficulty.

GG - actually when you are on exercise it makes sense as it keeps your boots waterproof.

A Pair of Brown Eyes - that's one of my favourite Pogues songs.

4:37 pm  
Blogger Earth Girl said...

Just replace the rifle and boot clenaing kits with a sarong, swimwear and flip flops and this could be your average backpacker!

9:02 am  
Blogger *Monica said...

Why don't they give the person who carries more a bigger bag?

11:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »

1:58 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs