META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Recovery


As we marched back from the gym my breathing slowly returned to normal and my pulse returned to something approaching normal.

As I stepped into a very hot shower the feeling arrived. The feeling apparently has something to do with endorphins. Whatever causes it it is a physical 'high'. I've never taken drugs but I should imagine it's probably not far off it. An immense feeling of wellbeing - partly physical and also part mental - knowledge that you have earnt the right to feel this way through your efforts.

The feeling also makes you forget how much pain you were in a short while before. Unfortunately the next few weeks saw us being reminded on a daily basis.

6 Comments:

Blogger Moby said...

Ahh, endorphins. I love endporphins...

Haven't done any real exercise in a while though. But I do love that feeling after...

5:47 pm  
Blogger David said...

It's waking up the next morning that I always used to find the worst bit.

6:37 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

It's how I feel after I've scrubbed and cleaned some part of the house. And I get a clean home too! Love endorphins.

I'm fascinated by what you do to those photos.

1:18 pm  
Blogger *Monica said...

I wouldnt have even made it passed the qualifications to even get kicked out. I would have cried the first time somebody yelled at me...lol

And yes, endorphins rule.

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Endorphins, lovely endorphins. They are what had me kissing the midwife's forearm as she handed me my baby girl, twenty years ago. I don't think I was kissing anyone but the babies and my husband with the subequent two kids, but the euphoria was still there!

2:32 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

1:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs