META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

And Why Would You Want To Do That?

If you are a real b***ard then this is the trick that you play on a bomb disposal expert.

Our next Christmas visit was to the fabulous bomb disposal blokes. I've never quite understood why anyone would want to spend some serious time with a bomb that hadn't quite worked properly yet.

They did let us play with their 'Wheelbarrow' though. This is possibly the best remote control car ever built and may explain why people want to do this job. Ok - female readers may not understand this but remote control cars are cool - and it doesn't matter how old you are.

If the remote control car can't sort things out then the guys or gals have to get up close and personal with the unexploded device. This takes balls. Even if you are a female bomb disposal soldier it takes balls. Maybe the female soldiers get issued a pair of balls from the Quartermaster. I don't know.

To protect them they get to wear a really big, really thick suit. Now I wore a really big, really thick suit when I had some fun with a dog and it didn't really work. Call me old fashioned but I can't see it stopping an explosive device.

Maybe it makes them feel better - who knows.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats one job i wouldn't like to do. And if i did and somebody played that joke on me i would kill them.

8:33 pm  
Blogger Brom said...

Oh, yes the Wheelbarrow is certainly a big boys toy. And the UXB guys have certainly gone through the men from the boys selection process. They are all stark raving bonkers tho! ;-)

10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with growing up on this one. Not cool (the joke not the job, job is actually cool)

Talk about an adrenaline rush.

11:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can assure you US - as I suspect you already know, there are lots of women who don't need to be issued with balls - they have their own - in a nice way!

11:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean in a good way.

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God, remote control cars, a pet desire since I was about five. I LOVE the Batman scene - Greavsie! Don't tell anyone- when they're going through that drive through New York and then that tunnel. "Well, it's not exactly a normal world, is it." I used to Wish I knew how to put my hands out before me in amazement like his girl, the crazy sex-pot from 9 1/2 weeks, when she watched it screech to a stop at his feet.
I think it's giving it instructions that does it.... you know me :-)

1:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New York, no it was Gotham City, wasn't it.. the only Comic strip with the imaginary crime city his car was so indifferent to. Stroke of genius.

1:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought that you need to be a nutter to be a goal keeper. I will re-categories that. You need to have one or two issues. The true nutters dispose of bombs.

10:45 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

That's a wicked, wicked thing to do.

The sound of thunder is enough for me, thank you very much.

9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs