META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Beast of Burden

The average infantryman can carry up to 45% of his own body weight at times. That's quite a lot of weight for anyone.

I looked down on my bergan again with some trepidation. It didn't look that heavy. Tentatively I put one hand on the strap and went to hoist it onto my shoulder. No chance. I knelt down, put one harm through the strap and went to stand. I nearly made it but lost my balance and ended up sat on my arse on the floor. Hmmmm what next.

I ended up sat on the floor putting both arms in the straps. A friend of mine then grasped hold of my hands and pulled me upright - this was going to be so much fun.......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do feel for you but it must be great for your tummy muscles - as long as you don't get a hernia.

11:19 pm  
Blogger David said...

I used to sit next to a rock or a mole hill with my kit perched on the top. Only slightly easier to get on mind you.

11:00 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I couldn't help it, I giggled at the donkey pic, at you plopping down and your friend hauling you up.

You need to be strong like an ant.

They carry double / triple [?] their weight?

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs