META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Keep On Running

At the minute I'm trying to get fit. It's not because I want to be really fit but in the New Year I really need to be.

The fact that I've spent most of the last couple of years sat on my arse doing very little hasn't helped.

So recently I've started running again. The first couple of occasions were to put it mildly unpleasant. To put it unmildly it was f**king horrible.

Lately it's got better. The lungs are complaining less and the legs are feeling some strength at least. That is until today.

I've been getting bored with pounding the pavements around where I live and there's always been this 'Public Footpath' sign that has sort of intrigued me. So this morning I decided to find out where it went. Why - I don't know -maybe it had something to do with the hangover.

It started off quite nicely. Picturesque almost. The legs were feeling good and the countryside was keeping the mind occupied. But the path went on and on.

It might have made sense to have checked a map before I started. After a few miles I began to wonder whether it might make sense just to turn around and retrace my steps.

Brain says "Yes." Ego says "No."

Ego won and I kept on running. Eventually the footpath came out on a road. There was a signpost - this signalled hope.

Until I looked at it. It was a long way home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saucy Lil' Tart said...

I agree. Keep on keepin' on.

I wish I could find my universal UK soldier...I love you UK soldiers!

8:31 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hm! Men and their egos. Getting lost and not admitting it.

Am I laughing? :-D

11:34 pm  
Blogger Earth Girl said...

I bet you don't stop and ask for directions either!

6:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you know, earth girl it's against the law for men to ask for directions. Sorry US but you know it's true.

9:50 am  
Blogger David said...

I hope the plimsoles didn't get too muddy

12:29 pm  
Blogger DC said...

GG - Of course you are ;~)

Earth Girl & Pat - Of course not and Mrs Soldier will testify that I certainly should.

Greavsie - plimsolls have been replaced by the now infamous Silver Shadow brand. Watch out Nike.

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs