META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Friday, December 16, 2005

Are You Looking At Me?

I'd pretty much given up going out for a drink in Northern Ireland. I was fed up with getting knocked back by bouncers or pretending to be something I wasn't.

The QRF commander insisted though. Everyone who had worked Christmas Day was going out for a drink together. Some of the guys were busy on Boxing Day so we agreed on the night after.

To be perfectly honest I couldn't really be arsed. The town we were going to didn't have the best nightlife in Britain and it was going to cost a small fortune in taxi fares. But Jonah, the QRF commander insisted.

So togged up to the nines there I was. Stood by the bar with a couple of mates. The beer was flowing fine, the music wasn't too bad and there was plenty of 'scenery' to admire.

And then 'something' caught my eye. The 'something' was a mass of long flowing ginger hair. The 'something' was attached to a small but otherwise perfectly formed young lady. The young lady happened to be looking at me.

Now I've always been a bit shy with the ladies. In fact to be perfectly honest I'd rather storm machine gun nests single handedly than go up to a woman and introduce myself.

Hmmm - what to do next?

The next hour was spent exchanging increasingly frequent glances at each other.

'What was she thinking,' I wondered. Various options crossed my mind - the most obvious, to my mind at least was 'Is that creep still looking at me?' The 'I hope that cute guy is still looking at me' option was quite low down on the list.

And then it happened. She started walking to the toilets. To do so she had to pass me. As she got level it happened.

She stuck her tongue out at me.

Slightly at a loss as to what to do next I did the only thing I could think of.

I stuck my tongue out at her.

*Duff Duff Duff - and cue Eastenders theme music*

Part II 'soon'.

11 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I can't wait for part 2. Growing Up, I love your technique!

8:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! Definitely excited for Part II, your side of it

Y'all are sweet :o)

10:28 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm just enjoying the moment. I expect sweet dreams tonight.
One never guessed, when one was young how very vulnerable young men are.

11:46 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Non-verbal communication, eh?

I am still grinning, this is sooooo hilarious, romantic, funny.

GU, that was good :-D

2:23 pm  
Blogger DC said...

GU - Hope my memory isn't too bad! ;)

Annie, Kath & FLJ - yes her technique was exactly right for the situation. (And FLJ yes I'm a sucker for that sort of thing)

Pat - yup - especially us squaddies - everyone thinks we're hard.

GG - thank you.

Homer - yup I know boo for spoilsports. Sorry didn't get the diner reference but then I'm thick.

6:59 pm  
Blogger *Monica said...

lovely!

1:07 am  
Blogger Moby said...

!?!

1:27 pm  
Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

hey! Just dropping by to say hi cos its been ages since ive been online. so hi. hope all is well

1:56 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Its been tomorrow and the next day - come on!!!!!!

3:36 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Mo - that's what I was thinking at the time.

Plark - £$%#

Trish - thanks for popping by.

Toni - well it was a winner for her.

Me - Who said anything about tomorrow! As Orwell once said "He who controls the present controls the past."

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs