META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Friend Fancies You

A mass of red hair was approaching me.

'Oh s**t is she coming to talk to me,' I thought.

I agree not the most romantic of thoughts. I really really did want to talk to her but I didn't know what to say.

Neither of us can remember (and we've been wracking our brains) as to what she did actually say. My reply was the highly original (I feel a Nobel prize for literature coming on already) - 'Can I get you a drink?'

To my surprise, and now to her eternal disgust, she declined. Neither of us can really remember what we chatted about. The fact that earlier someone had spilt a drink and she had sat in it came up. She even stood up and showed me her bum without me asking. I remember that one at least.

The one thing that never, ever, ever came up in conversation was that originally she'd come over to ask me if I fancied her friend.

In her own words - "I got there and forgot what I'd come for."

9 Comments:

Blogger MuppetLord said...

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

You obviously made an impression.

5:10 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think babes you have been stuck with me ever since. Just the 9 Years later all but 9days.

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'She declined'. I recognise that contrariness where you put off the ones you most fancy. However if she showed you her bum without you asking she must have realised you were the one.

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! I think I must have checked 8 times since yesterday ;-)

Love it! It's very sweet. I think we all go through some version of "holy cow, what am I gonna say?" when we fancy someone.

Also love the color picture!

8:06 pm  
Blogger Moby said...

I love the stuff you can't make up. Life is an interesting thing lived by many an interesting person.

Sounds perfect.

9:23 am  
Blogger David said...

Hmm, flirty fishing. It should be banned ;-)

10:20 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Well, she might have declined the drink, but she still stayed to chat. And show you her bum :-)

1:48 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Muppetlord - It was a good thing - deffo.

FJL - thanks.

GU - 9 years - I'd have got less for manslaughter.

Pat - to this day she can't believe she turned down a free drink. It's very unlike her.

Kath - cheers.

Plark - I like your way of putting that.

Greavsie - either that or they should get a permit.

GG - And what a lovely bum it is.

5:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs