META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Thursday, December 29, 2005

That's What Friends Are For


Did I get caught and go to jail?

Errm - no.

As 'romantic' as it might have been it probably would have spelt the end for me and the future Mrs Soldier.

I only had four weeks left in Northern Ireland and if I'd spent those four weeks in the camp nick then things might have been very different.

Fortunately my friend was on duty that night. He could have been bust (reduced in rank) for covering up for me. But he did.

I like to think I'd have done the same.

9 Comments:

Blogger David said...

The words 'I owe you one' don't really cover it do they?

6:43 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yay!!!

Awwww.

7:03 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

WHAT a great friend! You're one lucky fella, Soldier.

8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done him! I'm guessing you bought him a beer :-)

5:16 am  
Blogger DC said...

Greavsie - no they don't.

me - I'm getting worried by the numbers of "Aww's" appearing in the comments box. Mental note to self - talk about guns or something.

GG - yes although friendships in the army often tend to be shortlived - intense at the time but shortlived.

Kath - I think it might have been a crate.

10:14 am  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

AWWWWWWW!

ooops.

3:07 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Soldier, I hope that by shortlived you mean that you two fell out, and not any other...

3:11 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:02 pm  
Anonymous How To Play Slot Machines said...

I do not see your logic

4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs