META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Weird



Tonight I was going to start writing about the exercise I did a few years back in Canada. So I thought I'd have a little peek at the area on Google Earth to remind myself what the prairie was like.

And I found the image above.

The diameter of the circle is over 10 miles.

How do you make a near perfect circle that big?

Have I been on exercise at an alien landing site?

Or more probably - were we driving around in circles for 4 weeks?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Temporarily set up a tactical DME (distance measuring equipment) transmitter, such as those used by pilots, at what will be the centre.

Put a DME receiver on a truck and drive around the area maintaining a constant radius (e.g. 5 miles).

Lob out a handful of white powder every 100 yards or so.

Have a bunch of squaddies join up the dots with their sacks of marker powder.

Stu Savory (the bastard flying instructor).

PS: Now I suppose you want to know WHY? ;-)

9:13 pm  
Blogger David said...

Perhaps it was for the second Lieutenant with the map so that he wouldn't get lost?

12:37 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Looks remarkably like some kind of huge alien bombsight to me, taking aim via Google. A good job, I think, that you're no longer there; who knows how soon the area will turn into a radioactive inferno.

12:39 pm  
Blogger DC said...

STU - yes please ;)

Greavsie - aha - now it all makes perfect sense.

Nick - that's what I was worried about.

7:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that 10 mile circle isn't even the majority of the base.

3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs