META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Monday, March 06, 2006

200 Not Out

According to Blogger this is the 200th thing I've written. Well obviously not the 200th thing I've written - I probably passed that landmark in my first year at primary school. But it is the 200th thing I've written on here.

I thought I'd mark the occasion with some notices to those who read this:

  1. To the person who came to the site looking for "female bomb suits" - you scared me.
  2. To those who regularly comment - thank you - it's nice to get some interaction.
  3. To the two people who recently read the blog from start to finish - I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to de-lurk - if you want to that is.
  4. To the people who link to this blog but never comment - again thank you.
  5. To Mrs Soldier - thank you for your perserverance, I know at times blogging has taken up far too much of my time. I love you very much.
And just to let you all know what's in store for the next 200:

1. Promotion - as US reaches the giddy heights of Lance Corporal.
2. A NATOTours six month holiday to Bosnia.
3. Another NATOTours six month holiday - but this time to Kosovo.
4. A NATOTours holiday to Bosnia - does anyone see a theme beginning to run through this.

Oh and I managed to fit in getting married and having a little trooper too. Well OK it was Mrs Soldier who had the little trooper but you know what I mean.

18 Comments:

Blogger the Beep said...

Souns like James Blount is going to make an appearance?

Happy 200th US, from Abingdon.

6:29 pm  
Blogger the Beep said...

Here's a D. You need it to replace the one I dropped earlier.

6:30 pm  
Blogger Spaghetti Monster said...

great blog. Now I can de-lurk. It's top of the list on my own blog. By the way, do you see many scottish soldiers in your battalion (or are you a member of our favoured country?)?

7:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oscar fever eh, US? Couldn't resist an acceptance speech of your own? :D

7:41 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Fireburn - cheers.

The Beep - I think I was there when he was but never heard any dreary singing so our paths probably didn't cross.

Shamash - the odd jock where I am now. I've worked with Scottish battalions before - lunatics!

Jamie - you didn't comment on my dress. :(

8:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because you look better in it that I ever could. I'm jealous.

8:20 pm  
Blogger L'Oiseau said...

Happy bi-centennial!

I don't comment much but I do enjoy (your wife's too - hello Mrs Soldier!). You manage to use only a few words to paint very vivid tales.
Your posts are definitely shorter, more succinct and usually much funnier than my Mum's partner's (ex-para) stories :)

Here's to the next 200...

9:20 pm  
Blogger David said...

200!

Well done, couldn't help noticing that the word 'Bored' features rather large in your word graphic.

Mine was Toilet, which is why I don't put it up on the Blog..

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing!

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - here's to another 200 posts. And beyond.
Now I remember when I was one of your main commenters. Have a look back.

3:26 pm  
Blogger DC said...

L'Oiseau - ta - although in real life I bore the pants off most people with my stories.

Greavsie - I was a bit worried about the 'bored' thing. I wonder if it will affect my writing now - watch out for random usage of words like 'sex' and 'big guns'.

Kath/Muppetlord - ta.

Z - yup I remember when you were about the only commenter - and you are still here :)

4:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

200 eh? In Roman numerals, does that make you a CC (w)rider ? ;-)

6:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, 'bout time I admitted that I'm here too, a mere novice in blogland.
Congrats on the 200th posting.
I enjoy reading your blog, it's fun to read of your experiences of life through your sarcasm/wit/humour and writing style.

8:09 pm  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

"Female bomb-suits".
Must research this now.
:)

8:15 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

Happy 200 mate

9:52 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Stu - I guess so.

The Blonde - ta - nice to see you.

Seize The Night - nooooooooo.

Haggiswurst - ta to someone else who's been here since nearly the beginning.

5:55 am  
Blogger Pat said...

You won't let the promotion go to your head will you? Stay the same helpful, approachable US.

9:48 am  
Blogger DC said...

PI - If I remember rightly the promotion did little to change me.

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs