META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Answers - #7

Four Dinners asked:

"Have you ever shot anybody?

Have you ever been (personally as opposed to generally in the midst of many) been shot or shot at?"



I sort of answered number 1 a while back here but no I haven't shot anyone since then.

I've sort of been shot at twice. Once I'm fairly sure it was a case of the totally inappropriately named 'friendly fire' and was just one round that landed a bit too close for comfort.

The second time was during the invasion of Iraq. I was actually that far from the front line that I had to send my laundry forward. Someone did, however, fire a surface to surface missile at us and it landed in the 'neighbourhood'.

So I guess really it's a no on both counts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Spaghetti Monster said...

It must be an experience that is in some ways exhilarating, as you've had all the training to prepare you for it, and mostly terrifying

11:09 am  
Blogger Pat said...

I pressed here and took a trip back in time - doesn't it fly. I think you are brilliant with links. Hope you haven't lost my question before I forget what it was.:)

11:54 am  
Blogger Delboys Daughter said...

blimey

2:53 pm  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

A surface to surface missile landed in the neighbourhood? The neighbourhood of Mars would be a close call to me!

Who was that superb officer who, when asked if he was worried about Iraqi fire in front said he was rather more worried about American fire behind?

3:04 pm  
Blogger The Boy said...

Friendly fire. As a term I love it, sounds so nice and cosy. The reality must be a bit different...

10:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Almost twice' is almost two times too many for my liking.

I got shot in the arse with an air-rifle when I was 11. So I know first hand what it's like to come under friendly fire.

8:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs