META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here Comes The Bride

Although it is nearly 8 years ago I can still feel the ice in belly as I woke up on the morning I was due to get married.

The party had started the night before with a little 'light ' karaoke that had broken the ice between the in-laws and assorted guests but had left me with a slightly thick head despite my best intentions.

For any budding grooms out there can I recommend a 5 mile run and a full cooked breakfast to get rid of any wedding jitters.

Oh and getting into a spankingly smart uniform helped too.

And walking through my home town with all the passers bye gawping helped too.

And a couple of pints in my local helped too.

As for the wedding - well it's all a bit of a blur really (and that had nothing to do with the couple of pints).

I do remember seeing the soon to be Mrs Soldier walking down the aisle - red hair standing out even more than usual because of her wedding dress.

I do remember giving my wrong hand to Mrs Soldier and ending up shortly after the wedding being told that I was a prat and had my ring on the wrong hand.

I do remember thinking "Oh dear" as the lads who'd come over from my regiment sat down at a table with the only available ladies and then ordered tequila - at about 3 in the afternoon.

I do remember thinking "That'll be the tequila" when some of my friends decided they couldn't wait for the first dance.

I do remember thinking "Oh shit" when the DJ decided it would be a good idea to play 'Kung Fu Fighting'. *

But apart from that it was all a bit of a very pleasant blur.

* - Fortunately just the one casualty when one of the blokes managed to 'accidentally' kick his missus in the head.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sweet to hear about this, thanks for sharing. Bet y'all looked beautiful!

9:29 pm  
Blogger backroads said...

I seem to remember he party starting the night before my wedding with a little 'light' bukkake. This worked just as well in breaking the ice between the in-laws and assorted guests.

11:31 am  
Blogger Lou Lou said...

doesn't sound too different from mine!
although i'm still not sure why that bloke i never met before was making a speech lol

3:11 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

Nice one US

I remember my wedding day packed with nerves, I don't think I really enjoyed the day. I was sweating like the proverbial pig all through the afternoon on account it was August and I was in full Highland attire.

7:59 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Backroads - 'light bukkake' isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Haggis - and anything on under the kilt?

9:36 am  
Blogger backroads said...

US - re 'light bukkake' - not really. sort of like a rice pudding made with skimmed milk... depends how far back you stand.

8:30 pm  
Blogger DC said...

Backroads - thanks for sharing - so to speak.

8:50 pm  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

A 5 mile run? You must be mad.

2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs