META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here Comes The Bride

Although it is nearly 8 years ago I can still feel the ice in belly as I woke up on the morning I was due to get married.

The party had started the night before with a little 'light ' karaoke that had broken the ice between the in-laws and assorted guests but had left me with a slightly thick head despite my best intentions.

For any budding grooms out there can I recommend a 5 mile run and a full cooked breakfast to get rid of any wedding jitters.

Oh and getting into a spankingly smart uniform helped too.

And walking through my home town with all the passers bye gawping helped too.

And a couple of pints in my local helped too.

As for the wedding - well it's all a bit of a blur really (and that had nothing to do with the couple of pints).

I do remember seeing the soon to be Mrs Soldier walking down the aisle - red hair standing out even more than usual because of her wedding dress.

I do remember giving my wrong hand to Mrs Soldier and ending up shortly after the wedding being told that I was a prat and had my ring on the wrong hand.

I do remember thinking "Oh dear" as the lads who'd come over from my regiment sat down at a table with the only available ladies and then ordered tequila - at about 3 in the afternoon.

I do remember thinking "That'll be the tequila" when some of my friends decided they couldn't wait for the first dance.

I do remember thinking "Oh shit" when the DJ decided it would be a good idea to play 'Kung Fu Fighting'. *

But apart from that it was all a bit of a very pleasant blur.

* - Fortunately just the one casualty when one of the blokes managed to 'accidentally' kick his missus in the head.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Kath said...

It's sweet to hear about this, thanks for sharing. Bet y'all looked beautiful!

9:29 pm  
Blogger backroads said...

I seem to remember he party starting the night before my wedding with a little 'light' bukkake. This worked just as well in breaking the ice between the in-laws and assorted guests.

11:31 am  
Blogger Lou Lou said...

doesn't sound too different from mine!
although i'm still not sure why that bloke i never met before was making a speech lol

3:11 pm  
Blogger Haggiswurst said...

Nice one US

I remember my wedding day packed with nerves, I don't think I really enjoyed the day. I was sweating like the proverbial pig all through the afternoon on account it was August and I was in full Highland attire.

7:59 pm  
Blogger Universal Soldier said...

Backroads - 'light bukkake' isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Haggis - and anything on under the kilt?

9:36 am  
Blogger backroads said...

US - re 'light bukkake' - not really. sort of like a rice pudding made with skimmed milk... depends how far back you stand.

8:30 pm  
Blogger Universal Soldier said...

Backroads - thanks for sharing - so to speak.

8:50 pm  
Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

A 5 mile run? You must be mad.

2:29 pm  
Blogger Liu Liu said...

As promised, Nike Roshe Run Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell donated his first game paycheck to the Dallas Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes Fallen Officer Foundation as penance for posting a wholesale nfl jerseys “disturbing nfl jerseys store and unacceptable” drawing on Instagram of Nike Free Run a hooded NFL Jerseys man slashing a handcuffed and cheap nfl jerseys kneeling police officer’s throat in Nike Air Max 90 July.

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs