META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Yo Ho Ho.

So what was Christmas Nineteen Ninety Whatever like?

Well we were the Quick Reaction Force for the day. Ready at a moments notice to deploy to wherever, to do whatever to whomever.

We drew our weapons from the armoury and retired to the building we'd be housed in for the duration.

Awaiting us was several tea bombs of Gunfire - apparently not everyone had partaken of the tradition.

It was probably a good job that nothing happened on that day that required a quick response. Despite my earlier reservations several mugs of gunfire disappeared throughout the morning.

You might think that a Christmas day at work, away from family would be depressing. You'd be wrong.

We had a laugh. We'd decided on Secret Santa a few weeks before. Santa had decided that a copy of Razzle was in order - perhaps not quite what mother might have bought but it's the thought that counts.

We ate together, watched the Queen's speech together and then some crap movie that I can't remember. It could have been crap but I was amongst my mates and we all enjoyed it.

Little did I know what was in store for me. In 48 hours I was to meet the future Mrs Soldier........

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the sounds of it you had a good day. Thats what makes Christmas when your with people you like and you enjoy there company. I'm going to enjoy reading the story of how you and i met i hope other people enjoy it.

8:08 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it is romantic. fjl you should believe in destiny.My first love and I are together after being seperated for thirty years

11:11 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Yippee, romance, romance...I hope we hear the rest, Soldier.

Pat, that is THE most hopeful one I've heard.

11:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

US, have you turned all *gasp* soppy on us?

*secretly hopes he has so that we can read the rest of the story*

9:50 am  
Blogger David said...

*Prepares tissues*

10:12 am  
Blogger DC said...

FJL - Thank you.

Pat - It's a shame we can't hear more about that. Never fancied blogging? ;)

GG - Don't worry it's coming.

Laura - Soppy - me? Well I do cry at Bambi.

Greavsie - don't let Laura know - she'll call you soppy.

12:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, can't wait!

3:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs