META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Monday, January 02, 2006

Moving On Up

Apparently moving house is the most stressful thing you can do.

Or maybe that was marriage - I forget. Anyhow it's up there with the best of the seriously stressful occasions.

So imagine the fun and high jinks of moving nearly 700 soldiers - a quarter of them with families - from one country to another.

In a couple of weeks.

I don't actually remember much of the move. Just that we were ridiculously busy. Not only moving but handing over our duties to the incoming unit.

I do remember a crazy three day period when I got the grand total of 6 hours sleep.

In some ways I was going to miss Northern Ireland. In other ways I couldn't wait to be rid of the place.

Things I was going to miss:
  • The people - some of them are the most friendly people you'll meet.
  • The countryside - it's a beautiful place.
  • The girl with the red hair - we'd only just met and now I was off.
Things I wasn't going to miss:
  • The people - some of them are the worst bunch of idiots you'll meet.
  • Stagging on - sangar bashing is truly soul destroying.
  • The beer - Harp lager just didn't have anything going for it.

9 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 am  
Blogger Anxious said...

Moving house
*shudders*

HNY, US
:)

12:10 pm  
Blogger David said...

Yes, I avoid Harp like the plague too.

7:45 pm  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey,

Happy New Year, just came by from millglogging.com.

Congrats on your win.

Hope you have a safe and productive new year.

Continue the Mission.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

12:04 am  
Blogger Katy Newton said...

I hate Harp too, but then I also hate beer generally, unless it is a very very hot summer's day and the beer is very very cold indeed.

8:40 am  
Blogger Moby said...

I like the Irish. I like lots of people, but then there are those I don't like as well.

Good old mix that life is.

I move house with a new job. So basicly all my belongings fit into two bags. One ruksack and one large suitcase. Simple enough really.

10:58 am  
Blogger JonnyB said...

Does Harp lager still exist? I haven't seen it for ages.

12:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wasn't aware that harp was till being sold?

what a crazy fucked up world we live in! ;)

12:43 pm  
Blogger DC said...

FJL - yup there's the good and the bad there - but then it's the pretty much the same in many areas of England.

Anxious - yup and we get to do it all again this year.

Greavsie - definitely minging.

Papa Ray - thank you.

Katy - I can usually manage a beer on any day but this month is detox month :(

JonnyB/Pink - apparently so - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harp_Lager

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs