META name="verify-v1" content="i1TVJEv2OOOg+fzf1aEgIJ1srnyAsn3jT1UDDDhjUU4=" />

Monday, December 19, 2005

Patience Is A Virtue

After the success of the night before I was now stood nervously in a pub in Northern Ireland.

The night before had finished with a kiss by the taxi rank, while her friend looked on disapprovingly.

Earlier, after a fortifying pint of Harp, I'd rung the number that she'd scrawled on a cash machine stub the night before - hoping beyond hope that I'd read the numbers the right way.

I'd read the numbers the right way but she wasn't there. Someone was though - her mother - just what a bloke wants when he's almost crapping himself already anyway.

Mother had passed on a message and another phone number and eventually I'd reached her at her friend's house. We'd agreed a time and a place.

After the trauma of the phone calls I'd caught a cab into town with a couple of mates although they were going elsewhere.

When I'd arrived in the pub I was fifteen minutes early - better to be the first one to arrive I thought.

Forty Five minutes later and I was nervous. Maybe she wasn't coming. Second thoughts perhaps.

So I ask you - the audience - how long should a fella wait?

Answer tomorrow. (And this time it will be tomorrow).

12 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm with them - Forever! The One is worth it.

Pat, I would love to hear your story. Isn't it great how people have these amazing stories!

4:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 minutes max. If she's later than that then her admin is rubbish and she would forever annoy the hell out of me.

Lucky for her that you are a patient man and not me though.

That said when you are on an Op Tour then you'd wait as long as necessary.

9:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kath thank you for your interest and I will tell one day when I can master the high tech stuff of having a blog site. I am pretty useless.

10:07 am  
Blogger DC said...

I'm guessing by the comments that it's only Rug Boy (and welcome by the way) who is going to be impressed with my 2 hour wait. I was actually just finishing my drink and about to walk out when she walked in.

Pat - blogging isn't really any more difficult than commenting Fiddling with the template can be a pain - I'm no expert but if you want any help then email me.

10:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks US. After Christmas DV I'll be in touch.

11:31 am  
Blogger MuppetLord said...

2 hours?!?! That is pushing it. I'm surprised you managed to last out.

12:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW! 2 hours, that's fantastic! Y'all are so blessed to have found each other ;-)

Pat: Looking forward to it!

3:22 pm  
Blogger gonorr said...

more importantly, how many beers did you get down your neck in the two hours? ;-p

I'm one to talk, I was three hours early meeting Mrs G the first time...

5:54 pm  
Blogger Anxious said...

I'm so bloody reliable, I would only be late if a form of transport let me down.

2 hours late is impressive.

8:06 pm  
Blogger J.J said...

Patience may very well be a virtue, but I've been waiting for the end of this story for well over 24 hours now...I want the happy ending!

10:29 pm  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Two hours?

That's all?

Aw, lovely romantic tale.

By the way, it's not the mothers fellers have to worry about. Tis the dads.

Can't wait to hear Pat's.

1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Milblogging.com Top of the British Blogs